Jon A. Gegenheimer
JEFFERSON PARISH CLERK OF COURT
Office Information Systems Department
P.O. Box 10
Gretna LA 70054-0010
JeffNet Subscriber Agreement
JeffNet is an Internet-based service provided by the Jefferson Parish Clerk of Court that allows convenient remote access to certain property, civil, criminal and other public records maintained by the clerk's office. The service is available 24/7/365, except for periodic web-site maintenance.
JeffNet is offered by subscription only, and the sole means of payment is by major credit card. For security, the subscriber will provide his credit card number only to the clerk's fiscal intermediary. The clerk's office will have no access to that information.
The subscriber may opt to have one or more user IDs. The clerk's office will assign each user ID a starting password. Before gaining access to the clerk's records, the subscriber must change the starting password to one of his own choosing.
Hardware and Software Requirements
JeffNet requires a personal computer running a Windows operating system, Internet Explorer, Internet access, and an e-mail address for notification purposes. Many features of JeffNet are compatible with Macintosh, Apple, and Android systems, and the clerk is working to improve JeffNet performance on those systems. Overall system performance is best with newer PCs, later versions of Windows, and high-speed Internet access.
Schedule of Fees
|Set-up Fee New Subscribers||$100 one-time|
|JeffNet Subscriber Fee||$50 per month per user ID|
|Credit card transaction fees||included|
|Mortgage & Conveyance, Civil, and Criminal Document||75 cents per printed page|
|(1.00 for on-site copy charges.)|
Connect TimeThe clerk's office does not charge for connect time. To preserve security, users will be logged off JeffNet after extended periods of inactivity. A user who is logged off may log on again.
Billing for Service
Each subscriber will be assigned an advance-deposit amount based on anticipated monthly charges. The amount will be $100 for most subscribers. The $50 base-monthly fee will be charged on the first day of each month. When a subscriber's account balance falls below twenty (20) percent of his advance deposit amount, a new advance deposit amount will be charged to his credit card, and that amount will be added to his JeffNet account balance.
At the end of each month, a summary of charges and credit card transactions will be e-mailed to each subscriber. JeffNet will provide a feature to allow a subscriber to view the details of these charges and the option to print them free of charge.
See additional terms and conditions for billing when e-filing and e-recording.
Other Subscriber Contact
E-mail will be the clerk's primary method of communicating other important information. The subscriber provides his e-mail address on this application and is responsible for notifying the clerk of any changes. Subscribers may communicate with the clerk's office using the "contact us" section of the JeffNet Web site.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- The subscriber assumes the responsibility for insuring that the clerk’s data that are viewed or printed is used for legal and legitimate purposes and that the security and privacy of the parties included therein is not compromised.
- The subscriber accepts the clerk's fee schedule for printed copies of documents and reports. Any subscriber action that circumvents the printing fees, depriving the clerk of revenue to which the clerk is entitled, is cause for cancellation of the subscriber's JeffNet service and may result in action by the clerk to recover these revenues.
- The subscriber is responsible for keeping his credit card information current with the clerk's fiscal intermediary. JeffNet service will be suspended if credit card charges are rejected. The account will be closed in the event that valid credit card information and payment for any outstanding costs is not provided within 60 days. After the 60 days have elapsed, a new subscriber fee of $100 will be assessed to re-activate the account.
- Password security is the sole responsibility of the subscriber. Any charges resulting from unauthorized use of a password are the responsibility of the subscriber. The subscriber agrees to hold the clerk’s office harmless for any and all charges and/or damages and costs which may result from such unauthorized use.
- This agreement may be discontinued by either party with thirty (30) days e-mailed or written notice. E-mail notice to the clerk's office may be made via email@example.com.
- The information available by JeffNet is public record and its preservation and maintenance is the responsibility of the clerk of court. It is being made available solely to the subscriber in this format as a convenience to that subscriber. All data available on JeffNet are provided to the subscriber for his sole and exclusive personal use and may not be disseminated, reproduced, or used in whole or in part, beyond that personal use.
- Data Mining is strictly prohibited. You may not use bots or similar methods or tools to "data mine" or otherwise gather or extract data from JeffNet.
Statement of Authentication of Electronic Record
Pursuant to La. R.S. 44:40, the Jefferson Parish Clerk of Court, in his capacity as clerk of court, and ex officio recorder of mortgages and register of conveyances, makes and retains in his custody by means of microphotographic process, all original acts and/or records thereof, including criminal records, of every kind and nature.
In order to maintain efficient and economical records storage management programs, the Jefferson Parish Clerk of Court uses a microphotographic process or an electronic digitizing process capable of reproducing an unalterable image of the original source document for the recordation, filing, and preservation of all existing public records, forms and documents. Satisfactorily identified electronic copies are deemed to be originals and are admissible in evidence in all courts or administrative proceedings in any agency. La. R.S. 44:39
The Jefferson Parish Clerk of Court has established a system and adopted procedures for the electronic filing and storage of pleadings, documents and exhibits. Pursuant to Louisiana Code of Civil Procedure 253 the official record is the electronic record. The pleadings, documents and exhibits which are filed electronically using the JeffNet system become part of the official record at the time of filing. In accordance with the procedures and system established by the Clerk of Court, when paper pleadings, documents and exhibits are filed for record with the Clerk of Court, these pleadings, documents and exhibits are reproduced into electronic digital format and are then stored electronically in the JeffNet system and become part of the official record. The electronic record as displayed on JeffNet is the official, authentic record on file with and maintained by the Jefferson Parish Clerk of Court.
The Jefferson Parish Clerk of Court has also adopted, implemented and published a plan for the acceptance of an electronic record of recordable instruments into the mortgage and conveyance records in accordance with the provisions of Louisiana Code of Civil Procedure 258. The plan complies with the Louisiana Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, La. R.S. 9:2601, et seq. Such electronic records are effective with respect to a third person from the time the electronic record is filed as if the written instrument had been filed. These electronic records are stored electronically in the JeffNet system.
In accordance with the Louisiana Children’s Code, when the Jefferson Parish Clerk of Court certifies and satisfactorily identifies a microfilmed or electronically digitized report or record, such a report or record shall be deemed to be an original itself and shall be admissible evidence in all courts or administrative proceedings in any agency, regardless of whether the hard copy of the record exists. La. C.Ch. Art. 415B.
By using this Service, you represent that you have read and agree to be bound by all the terms of this Agreement.